Friday, August 24, 2007

Week #6 Rangitoto

Kia Ora!
Ok so I leave tomorrow really early for my plain to Queenstown!!! I will be on a two week semester break and touring the south island! I am tired and I have to get up early, so this blog may be short.
Last week I went to see Transformers on Tuesday. We went out before the movie to Food Alley. It is an Asian food court and I had some awesome Indian food. Everything there is sooo good and really cheap. Wednesday night we went and bought a tub of ice cream each. Then we all swapped. I got hokey pokey! Thursday we just hung out. Nothing too unusual. Friday I tried to crack down on some papers I had to turn in this week. I had one on Pacific Health Care that was due Monday and another for Health Care Ethics due Wednesday. So I spent a good chunk of Friday and Saturday doing those papers. I did find some time to go grocery shopping with Leigh and Victoria. We did our shop and find lunch routine. We find something like sushi meals for $5, then we eat them in Esquires (the NZ version of Starbucks) and order a coffee. Our shopping bags sit in the seat next to us as we gossip. Actually, we are really just planning our trips.

Saturday we went to Mission pay for dinner. Leigh and I split a meal with fish and avocado sauce, rice, and an entree (appetizer) of kumara chips. Everything was really good. Then we went and got ice cream. The ice cream was good, but not as good as everyone said (in my opinion). On our way to the bus, we took a detour and walked by the beach. Then we found a fountain to play in, then the kiddies park. It was a fun night. We came back and watched a movie. Something scary, I can't remember the name. I spent the rest of the night jumpy.

Sunday we went to Rangitoto. It is a volcanic island that you can take a ferry to. I saw Suzie Eckle on the ferry, she goes to Davidson. She will be in Sydney for the semester doing an American program. So, she hasn't started school yet. It was really funny running into her though. She had emailed me earlier because she had seen my name in the Waitomo caves guest book.
The Island was really pretty with lots of lava rocks. We got to see the basin of the volcano. Victoria said it hadn't erupted in 600 years. There were really cool lava caves and the view was amazing from the top of the volcano. Leigh, Victoria, Steven (a guy from Arizona), and I went. We had a lot of fun taking crazy group pictures. We had a really pretty day to go because this is the third time we have tried to do this trip. Every other time, we wake up and it is raining. After we got back, we went to a gelato place. It was amazing! I had Vanilla Chi and Italian Hokey Pokey. Sooooo good! I want to go back now, just thinking about it. Oh! and I took a Lava rock to add to my Waitomo cave ones.


This week wasn't too exciting. I turned in both my papers and planned for our trip. I got a cell phone today. Well, it is a communal phone because we will all be sharing it for the rest of the semester. We also tried to finish off all of our food, which is pretty funny. I did pretty well. I only have some salad mix left over and I might try to take that with me. I am just really excited about the up coming trip. We are going to have a great time! I even got a 1GB memory stick for my camera.

No comments: